Please click the Sober Blogs Directory Icon and select Enter to vote for this Sound Bites blog. Thanks!

Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Paradox of Sobriety

"I cannot keep my gift of sobriety unless I give it away."

For this alcoholic, the free gift of sobriety is only available to me through my faith and relationship with my higher power. My higher power, through daily prayer and meditation, allows me to stay sober one day at a time.

However, it is not enough to just be sober! I have to be ready to help another alcoholic learn what it is like to be given the gift of sobriety. I ask myself at every AA meeting I attend, "Can I help another alcoholic by sharing my experience, strength, and hope?"

I am grateful to my higher power, to my sponsor, and to the fellowship of AA for helping me to stay sober and then also providing opportunities for me to give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: