Please click the Sober Blogs Directory Icon and select Enter to vote for this Sound Bites blog. Thanks!

Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Attitude toward Others

"It's not what you do to me; it is what I do back to you."

As a practicing alcoholic, the world revolved around me. I was the queen bee and everyone needed to understand that. If you did something to hurt me, or if I perceived that you were trying to hurt me, I would retaliate to get even.

At this point in my life, as I work my twelve step program, stay in contact with my sponsor, and attend meetings, I am able to see my own selfishness. I am able to understand how my selfishness brought my world down around me.

I have learned that it is not "all about me" anymore. I have to have tolerance for others who may not be just like I am. We all have gifts and talents that we bring to the table. I must embrace those differences and celebrate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: